Re: How should the Bible be interpreted?
In response to the original topic, the bible is a story. A guide to the early formings of history, and the reason it is how it is (The New Testament, anyways) is because of the Council of Nicea. It is a guide for you to know the greatness of our lord, Jesus Christ, and the word of God in it's full glory. If you are seeking something to live by, a code to fulfill in the name of God, read the books from the Nag Hammadi library. The guidance offered in these Codices are much more relevant in regards to lifestyle decision making, or even simply answer seeking.
At the very least, you have a much better guarantee of reading the original text.
New research links urban planning and political polarization.
- Canadian researchers find that excessive reliance on cars changes political views.
- Decades of car-centric urban planning normalized unsustainable lifestyles.
- People who prefer personal comfort elect politicians who represent such views.
It turns out the human scalp has an olfactory receptor that seems to play a crucial role in regulating hair follicle growth and death.
- Scientists treated scalp tissue with a chemical that mimics the odor of sandalwood.
- This chemical bound to an olfactory receptor in the scalp and stimulated hair growth.
- The treatment could soon be available to the public.
- Why can't we have a human-sized cat tree?
- What would happen if you got a spoonful of a neutron star?
- Why do we insist on dividing our wonderfully complex selves into boring little boxes
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.