Re: How should public schools make use of technol0gy?
Sorry about that...technical difficulties...
I am currently a college student and my professors struggle with that very problem. One strategy that was successful was making listening to certain NPR podcasts a required assignment. Anyone with access to a computer can do it; the discussions on NPR are lucid and intelligent; and it makes for a good break from dense readings. It also exposes students to big-name thinkers whose ideas they can follow, if they are interested. The students might even start listening to NPR! I hope this helps.
Upvote/downvote each of the videos below!
Having these financial life skills can help you navigate challenging economic environments.
- Americans are swimming in increasingly higher amounts of debt, even the upper middle class.
- Here's some essential financial life skills needed to ensure your economic wellbeing.
When it comes to flirting, love meters have nothing on these researchers' findings.
- Flirting is an important part of life. It can be a fun, adventurous way to meet others and develop intimate relationships.
- Many people find flirting to be an anxiety-ridden experience, but science can help us discover principles to be more relaxed while flirting.
- Smiling and eye contact are proven winners, while pick-up lines are a flirty fallacy.
Experts argue the jaws of an ancient European ape reveal a key human ancestor.
- The jaw bones of an 8-million-year-old ape were discovered at Nikiti, Greece, in the '90s.
- These fossils may change how we view the evolution of our species.
Rethinking humanity's origin story
Migrating out of Africa
Did we head east or south of Eden?
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.