Re: How is technology changing the way we live?
Technology allows us to remove some barriers to our comfort, survival, on the job success, and dreams.
It also captures the interests of the target audience by allowing them to create for themselves new, rewarding lifestyle patterns.
Lifestyle change propelled by either a single or multiple incentives (e.g. raising crop survival, greater efficiency), & achieved with the aid of technology is the new benchmark by which human evolution can be measured.
One need only ask about the outcome of history, were today's innovations available & understandable to our fore-parents a century ago. (i.e. around the world)
1. We now have the choice of writing & mailing a letter to a loved one in the traditional pen, paper, & postage stamp manner, OR e-mailing said loved one.
2. Aspiring musicians trying to break into the consciousness of their target audience have the choice of recording their music, but editing same at home on a suitably equipped computer. A music sample can be produced & distributed w/o the expense of bulk CD production.
3. Composers can now handwrite music score, or create & print said score with a suitably equipped PC.
Monkey troupes or other animal groups which have learnt to use tools are still animals, but underestimating that group would be a mistake.
Unfortunately we humans seem to derive just as much pleasure from technologically advanced methods of causing destruction, & creating mayhem.
The ability to speak clearly, succinctly, and powerfully is easier than you think
The ability to communicate effectively can make or break a person's assessment of your intelligence, competence, and authenticity.
Researchers discover a link between nonverbal synchronization and relationship success.
- Scientists say coordinating movements leads to increased intimacy and sexual desire in a couple.
- The improved rapport and empathy was also observed in people who didn't know each other.
- Non-verbal clues are very important in the development stages of a relationship.
What defines a dark horse? The all-important decision to pursue fulfillment and excellence.
When we first set the Dark Horse Project in motion, fulfillment was the last thing on our minds. We were hoping to uncover specific and possibly idiosyncratic study methods, learning techniques, and rehearsal regimes that dark horses used to attain excellence. Our training made us resistant to ambiguous variables that were difficult to quantify, and personal fulfillment seemed downright foggy. But our training also taught us never to ignore the evidence, no matter how much it violated our expectations.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.