Re: How Ethical is Marijuana Prohibition?
It is my strong belief (as a pharmacist of almost 50 years) that there can be an end to the drug problems in the United States... and that would be by making them legal.
Can we imagine how much crime is related to the need for money to buy illegal drugs? I would be thrilled to become a dispensary (similar to the ones dispensing methadone throughout the country) where those with addictions could come and satisfy their need - while identifying methods of changing their life.
Prisons could empty, and the amount of money for that care could be focused on revitalization of those in need, the poor in our country and throughout the world.
So it didn't or isn't working in Europe. This is not Europe and we can devise better ways. Let's take the money out of drug trafficking and see what happens.
Researchers discover a link between nonverbal synchronization and relationship success.
- Scientists say coordinating movements leads to increased intimacy and sexual desire in a couple.
- The improved rapport and empathy was also observed in people who didn't know each other.
- Non-verbal clues are very important in the development stages of a relationship.
Humans evolved to live in the cold through a number of environmental and genetic factors.
- According to some relatively new research, many of our early human cousins preceded Homo sapien migrations north by hundreds of thousands or even millions of years.
- Cross-breeding with other ancient hominids gave some subsets of human population the genes to contend and thrive in colder and harsher climates.
- Behavioral and dietary changes also helped humans adapt to cold climates.
The comics titan worked for more than half a century to revolutionize and add nuance to the comics industry, and he built a vast community of fans along the way.
- Lee died shortly after being rushed to an L.A. hospital. He had been struggling with multiple illnesses over the past year, reports indicate.
- Since the 1950s, Lee has been one of the most influential figures in comics, helping to popularize heroes that expressed a level of nuance and self-doubt previously unseen in the industry.
- Lee, who's later years were marked by some financial and legal tumult, is survived by his daughter, Joan Celia "J.C." Lee.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.