Re: How do you understand death?
I don't understand it. I have lost many in the last few years and I sometimes find myself stopping in the middle of the day to think of one or more of them. And always I ask the same question: how could everything this person was - their look, their sense of humour, their ideas, physical tics, way of thinking - how could all that be here one day and gone the next?
Upvote/downvote each of the videos below!
A new method promises to capture an elusive dark world particle.
- Dark matter is estimated to take up 26.8% of all matter in the Universe.
- The researchers will be able to try their approach in 2021, when the LHC goes back online.
An innovation may lead to lifelike evolving machines.
- Scientists at Cornell University devise a material with 3 key traits of life.
- The goal for the researchers is not to create life but lifelike machines.
- The researchers were able to program metabolism into the material's DNA.
- As a stand-up comedian, Pete Holmes knows how words can manipulate audiences — for good and bad.
- Holmes has a clever linguistic exercise meant to bring you closer to the people around you.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.