Re: How do you understand death?
I don't understand it. I have lost many in the last few years and I sometimes find myself stopping in the middle of the day to think of one or more of them. And always I ask the same question: how could everything this person was - their look, their sense of humour, their ideas, physical tics, way of thinking - how could all that be here one day and gone the next?
- The EAST reactor was able to heat hydrogen to temperatures exceeding 100 million degrees Celsius.
- Nuclear fusion could someday provide the planet with a virtually limitless supply of clean energy.
Giving our solar system a "slap in the face."
- A stream of galactic debris is hurtling at us, pulling dark matter along with it
- It's traveling so quickly it's been described as a hurricane of dark matter
- Scientists are excited to set their particle detectors at the onslffaught
- Women and nonwhite candidates made record gains in the 2018 midterms.
- In total, almost half of the newly elected Congressional representatives are not white men.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.