Re: How do you
As a pretty obviously transgender person, the defining element of my identity is immediately apparent upon meeting me. I am fortunate to live in a very tolerant location where people don't draw attention to it either in a negative or in a positive way, but the topic inevitably arises. I do welcome the opportunity to dispel misconceptions about transgender people and just move on. It is what it is, and in the words of Popeye, "I yam what I yam." Once the idea of the whole gender identity issue has been addressed, I prefer to draw attention to my technical/professional skills and general interests as the real defining traits of my identity. These are the things I feel should define one's identity, as opposed to traits such as race, gender, sexual orientation, etc.
Orangutans join humans and bees in a very exclusive club
- Orangutan mothers wait to sound a danger alarm to avoid tipping off predators to their location
- It took a couple of researchers crawling around the Sumatran jungle to discover the phenomenon
- This ability may come from a common ancestor
Giving our solar system a "slap in the face."
- A stream of galactic debris is hurtling at us, pulling dark matter along with it
- It's traveling so quickly it's been described as a hurricane of dark matter
- Scientists are excited to set their particle detectors at the onslffaught
Journaling can help you materialize your ambitions.
- Organizing your thoughts can help you plan and achieve goals that might otherwise seen unobtainable.
- One way to view your journal might be less of a narrative and more of a timeline of decisions.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.