Re: How do you
As a pretty obviously transgender person, the defining element of my identity is immediately apparent upon meeting me. I am fortunate to live in a very tolerant location where people don't draw attention to it either in a negative or in a positive way, but the topic inevitably arises. I do welcome the opportunity to dispel misconceptions about transgender people and just move on. It is what it is, and in the words of Popeye, "I yam what I yam." Once the idea of the whole gender identity issue has been addressed, I prefer to draw attention to my technical/professional skills and general interests as the real defining traits of my identity. These are the things I feel should define one's identity, as opposed to traits such as race, gender, sexual orientation, etc.
Malcolm Gladwell teaches "Get over yourself and get to work" for Big Think Edge.
- Learn to recognize failure and know the big difference between panicking and choking.
- At Big Think Edge, Malcolm Gladwell teaches how to check your inner critic and get clear on what failure is.
It's one of the most consistent patterns in the unviverse. What causes it?
- At a glance, this map shows both the size and distribution of world religions.
- See how religions mix at both national and regional level.
- There's one country in the Americas without a Christian majority – which?
Do you have a magnetic compass in your head?
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.