Re: How do we stop blackmarket firearms from reaching our streets?
People need to stop blaming increasing violence on increasingly available weapons. Demand for weapons rises when people feel the need to use them or the need to defend themselves. People in the United States are arming themselves because they realize that our government is growing increasingly totalitarian. A well armed populace is the best and only defense against tyranny--so as for "black market" weapons, I can only voice my support for those who choose to arm themselves, and only my respect for those that choose to fight back against increasingly repressive police forces. The only puzzle to me is why people continue to think that they are made more free by tighter control.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
This economy has us in survival mode, stressing out our bodies and minds.
- The cooperative business model can help reverse wealth inequality.
Meanwhile, Spaniards are the least likely to say their culture is superior to others.
- Survey by Pew Research Center shows great variation in chauvinism across Europe.
- Eight most chauvinist countries are in the east, and include Russia.
- The study compared personality traits and obesity views among more than 3,000 mothers.
- People who scored high in conscientiousness are more likely to experience "fat phobia.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.