Re: How do we stop blackmarket firearms from reaching our streets?
People need to stop blaming increasing violence on increasingly available weapons. Demand for weapons rises when people feel the need to use them or the need to defend themselves. People in the United States are arming themselves because they realize that our government is growing increasingly totalitarian. A well armed populace is the best and only defense against tyranny--so as for "black market" weapons, I can only voice my support for those who choose to arm themselves, and only my respect for those that choose to fight back against increasingly repressive police forces. The only puzzle to me is why people continue to think that they are made more free by tighter control.
Malcolm Gladwell teaches "Get over yourself and get to work" for Big Think Edge.
- Learn to recognize failure and know the big difference between panicking and choking.
- At Big Think Edge, Malcolm Gladwell teaches how to check your inner critic and get clear on what failure is.
Do you have a magnetic compass in your head?
Turns out pushups are more telling than treadmill tests when it comes to cardiovascular health.
- The Harvard study focused on over 1,100 firefighters with a median age of 39.
- The exact results might not be applicable to men of other age groups or to women, researchers warn.
- The ban will surely shape future conversations about gun control in the U.S.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.