Re: How can we create healthy, affordable food options for the poor in the US?
won't solve it but it will help. start with the schools take out the junk food vending machines provide it with healthy options. secondly change the cafeteria from frozen re-heated crap with made from scratch healthy dishes. this isn't some idea where it sounds good but could not possibly be effective. i live in British Columbia, Canada where at my school this has already happened the vending machines are all healthy the cafe is a scratch kitchen and to help make it affordable the students run the kitchen (and is a great opportunity for anyone hoping to pursue a career in the restaurant businesses) this won't solve the problem and will cost the government some money but being able to give children at least one good healthy meal can make all the difference.
Upvote/downvote each of the videos below!
As you vote, keep in mind that we are looking for a winner with the most engaging social venture pitch - an idea you would want to invest in.
"Earth" features about 30 of the biggest names in entertainment.
- Lil Dicky is a rapper and comedian who released his debut album in 2015.
- His new music video, "Earth," features artists such as Justin Bieber, Ariana Grande, Ed Sheehan, Kevin Hart, and Leonardo DiCaprio.
- All proceeds of the music video will go to environmental causes, Dicky said.
Some evidence attributes a certain neurological phenomenon to a near death experience.
Time of death is considered when a person has gone into cardiac arrest. This is the cessation of the electrical impulse that drive the heartbeat. As a result, the heart locks up. The moment the heart stops is considered time of death. But does death overtake our mind immediately afterward or does it slowly creep in?
- A forensic artist in Scotland has made a hyper realistic model of an ancient dog.
- It was based on the skull of a dog dug up in Orkney, Scotland, which lived and died 4,000 years ago.
- The model gives us a glimpse of some of the first dogs humans befriended.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.