Re: Have any movies influenced your view of the world?
Any influential resource can make an impact depending on the development stage an individual may be experiencing.
I fell in-love with cinema at a very young age, and the craft has definitely influenced me. Yet more at the given time, then continually, without variance.
For me it is the same with music and other defining experiences. I decided early on to be open to the arts as they evolved, movies being one of the earliest. Vs. acquaintances who still favor the music, movies, etc. from an earlier development stage or insist that evolution and change (inevitability's) in anything should not happen or be slowed in some manner.
Today, for a combination of reasons, I don't see movies as often as I once did. One of the reasons is I look for the passion and energy readily-evident from those who produce, direct and create, finding results more often "formulated" in recent time, than independently inspired.
Researchers discover a link between nonverbal synchronization and relationship success.
- Scientists say coordinating movements leads to increased intimacy and sexual desire in a couple.
- The improved rapport and empathy was also observed in people who didn't know each other.
- Non-verbal clues are very important in the development stages of a relationship.
Humans evolved to live in the cold through a number of environmental and genetic factors.
- According to some relatively new research, many of our early human cousins preceded Homo sapien migrations north by hundreds of thousands or even millions of years.
- Cross-breeding with other ancient hominids gave some subsets of human population the genes to contend and thrive in colder and harsher climates.
- Behavioral and dietary changes also helped humans adapt to cold climates.
The comics titan worked for more than half a century to revolutionize and add nuance to the comics industry, and he built a vast community of fans along the way.
- Lee died shortly after being rushed to an L.A. hospital. He had been struggling with multiple illnesses over the past year, reports indicate.
- Since the 1950s, Lee has been one of the most influential figures in comics, helping to popularize heroes that expressed a level of nuance and self-doubt previously unseen in the industry.
- Lee, who's later years were marked by some financial and legal tumult, is survived by his daughter, Joan Celia "J.C." Lee.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.