Re: Have any movies influenced your view of the world?
Any influential resource can make an impact depending on the development stage an individual may be experiencing.
I fell in-love with cinema at a very young age, and the craft has definitely influenced me. Yet more at the given time, then continually, without variance.
For me it is the same with music and other defining experiences. I decided early on to be open to the arts as they evolved, movies being one of the earliest. Vs. acquaintances who still favor the music, movies, etc. from an earlier development stage or insist that evolution and change (inevitability's) in anything should not happen or be slowed in some manner.
Today, for a combination of reasons, I don't see movies as often as I once did. One of the reasons is I look for the passion and energy readily-evident from those who produce, direct and create, finding results more often "formulated" in recent time, than independently inspired.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
The Canadian professor has an extensive collection posted on his site.
- Peterson's Great Books list features classics by Orwell, Jung, Huxley, and Dostoevsky.
- Categories include literature, neuroscience, religion, and systems analysis.
Evolution doesn't clean up after itself very well.
- An evolutionary biologist got people swapping ideas about our lingering vestigia.
- Basically, this is the stuff that served some evolutionary purpose at some point, but now is kind of, well, extra.
- Here are the six traits that inaugurated the fun.
Despite incredible economic growth, it is not necessarily an investor's paradise.
- China's stock market is just 27 years old. It's economy has grown 30x over that time.
- Imagine if you had invested early and gotten in on the ground floor.
- Actually, you would have lost money. Here's how that's possible.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.