Re: Guitar Greats
Only five? Well.......
1. Andres Segovia. While surpassed in technique by many of his students, Segovia was the first to create guitar transcriptions of large potions of the classical canon. In this way, the entire modern idea of "classical guitar" rests on his shoulders.
2. Django. His phrasing is still heard in every jazz player and in many rock players as well.
3. Charlie Christian. The first plugged-in player, he moved the guitar from the rhythm section to center stage, defining the tone of jazz guitar guitar in the process.
4. Don Rich. As the lead picker in Buck Owen's Buckaroos, he laid the foundation of the modern country lead player, Telecaster twang and all. Again, he was surpassed in technique many times over, but there's no Albert Lee without Don.
5. Jim Hendrix. Every long, legato, high gain line ever played in rock music owes a debt to Jimi. He cranked the blues until it became rock guitar: his legacy remains inescapable even now.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
A growing body of research shows promising signs that the keto diet might be able to improve mental health.
- The keto diet is known to be an effective tool for weight loss, however its effects on mental health remain largely unclear.
- Recent studies suggests that the keto diet might be an effective tool for treating depression, and clearing up so-called "brain fog," though scientists caution more research is necessary before it can be recommended as a treatment.
- Any experiments with the keto diet are best done in conjunction with a doctor, considering some people face problems when transitioning to the low-carb diet.
She met mere mortals with and without the Vatican's approval.
- For centuries, the Virgin Mary has appeared to the faithful, requesting devotion and promising comfort.
- These maps show the geography of Marian apparitions – the handful approved by the Vatican, and many others.
- Historically, Europe is where most apparitions have been reported, but the U.S. is pretty fertile ground too.
Thinking your life is worthwhile is correlated with a variety of positive outcomes.
- A new study finds that adults who feel their lives are meaningful have better health and life outcomes.
- Adults who felt their lives were worthwhile tended to be more social and had healthier habits.
- The findings could be used to help improve the health of older adults.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.