Re: Goodness vs. Expediency
Morality. What a subject. The brains natural yardstick with which to measure all thought, happiness, and agony. To divert from the morality of the majority/others is desirable, fun, an education. But……….find I must submit to my own rules or nothing is gained that can be truly enjoyed. Can I pin down what my own rules are? No. However I know that there are no shifting sands here.
To occasionally exceed your own standards on a whim with no internal investigation and just move on is the best. To do the same, but desire that others know, or secretly wallow in your philanthropy is to miss the point and become corrupt. Footnote: The most pernicious errors of society, stem from the ungoverned scrutiny of religious/national morality.
Giving our solar system a "slap in the face."
- A stream of galactic debris is hurtling at us, pulling dark matter along with it
- It's traveling so quickly it's been described as a hurricane of dark matter
- Scientists are excited to set their particle detectors at the onslffaught
Once again, our circadian rhythm points the way.
- Seven individuals were locked inside a windowless, internetless room for 37 days.
- While at rest, they burned 130 more calories at 5 p.m. than at 5 a.m.
- Morning time again shown not to be the best time to eat.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.