I see the point you are trying to make; however, I do not agree with what you are saying. The purpose of the site is to share ideas, see what other people think. That is what we are doing. We are not using guns to prove our points and make others believe. We are using our words to engage in intelligent arguements about these subjects. "War does not determine who is right, it determines who is left". However, debates and brainstorming sessions can determine who is correct. Perhaps, not on this matter because of its nature.
I have no hatred for those who oppose my viewpoints. Infact, I welcome those arguements so that I may be able to refute them and present my side of the story. Granted, sometimes I may have verbally "attacked" someone, but that in no way means I would cause this person any physical harm for not seeing things my way. Actually, we had a debate on religion last night at my house with a couple of friends over beers. When it was over, we shook hands and there was no tension. The way I disagree with your statement, I garuntee will not cause a war between us.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
Is it "perverseness," the "death drive," or something else?
She met mere mortals with and without the Vatican's approval.
- For centuries, the Virgin Mary has appeared to the faithful, requesting devotion and promising comfort.
- These maps show the geography of Marian apparitions – the handful approved by the Vatican, and many others.
- Historically, Europe is where most apparitions have been reported, but the U.S. is pretty fertile ground too.
It's up to us humans to re-humanize our world. An economy that prioritizes growth and profits over humanity has led to digital platforms that "strip the topsoil" of human behavior, whole industries, and the planet, giving less and less back. And only we can save us.
- It's an all-hands-on-deck moment in the arc of civilization.
- Everyone has a choice: Do you want to try to earn enough money to insulate yourself from the world you're creating— or do you want to make the world a place you don't have to insulate yourself from?
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.