Re: Does race still matter?
Race does matter, but we have to realize that race isn't (cliche) a black or white issue. Most People of Color earn less than whites for similar jobs. In the United States, there seems to be several barriers for People of Color in the workplace. But, there is a growing number of interracial people in this world. Unfortunately for some people who are multi-racial, they don't fit in with our traditional concepts of race and are often excluded. Hopefully, there will be fewer barriers as time goes on.
- The meaning of the word 'confidence' seems obvious. But it's not the same as self-esteem.
- Confidence isn't just a feeling on your inside. It comes from taking action in the world.
- Join Big Think Edge today and learn how to achieve more confidence when and where it really matters.
- Economist Sylvia Ann Hewlett breaks down what qualities will inspire others to believe in you.
- Here's how 300 leaders and 4,000 mid-level managers described someone with executive presence.
- Get more deep insights like these to power your career forward. Join Big Think Edge.
- Patients from low-income neighborhoods are most at risk of negative health impacts.
It marks a major shift in the government's battle against the opioid crisis.
- It marks the first time a drug company has faced criminal charges for distributing opioids.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.