Re: Does race still matter?
Race does matter, but we have to realize that race isn't (cliche) a black or white issue. Most People of Color earn less than whites for similar jobs. In the United States, there seems to be several barriers for People of Color in the workplace. But, there is a growing number of interracial people in this world. Unfortunately for some people who are multi-racial, they don't fit in with our traditional concepts of race and are often excluded. Hopefully, there will be fewer barriers as time goes on.
Many governments do not report, or misreport, the numbers of refugees who enter their country.
Controversial map names CEOs of 100 companies producing 71 percent of the world's greenhouse gas emissions.
- Just 100 companies produce 71 percent of the world's greenhouse gases.
- This map lists their names and locations, and their CEOs.
- The climate crisis may be too complex for these 100 people to solve, but naming and shaming them is a good start.
Bernie Sanders reveals an even bigger plan than Elizabeth Warren, but does it go too far?
- Bernie Sanders has released a plan to forgive all the student debt in the country.
- It is even larger than the plan Elizabeth Warren put forward two months ago.
- The plan has drawn criticism for forgiving the debt of both the poor and those well off enough to pay their own debt.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.