Re: Do the rich have a responsibility to the poor?
No...I don't believe that anyone has an obligation...but the right...the freedom to do so...yes!!!! In that, when someone does give... it is a privelege to be on the receiving end. Society receives...but the greater joy is from those who give, share, and inspire others. That is what Jesus modeled. I am a recipient of the government, society, churches, individuals, organizations, and a precious lineage that have gone before me. I am overwhelmed with such kindness that I have given the past 10 years to charity. I'm unknown...and I'd like to keep it that way. I want to pay it forward to the next generation...this love...extending it in multitudes. The rich have no obligation but opportunity to express themselves due to their area of influence. GO FOR IT! GIVE...
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
It has found several bizarre planets outside of our solar system.
- The Kepler program closed down in August, 2018, after nine and a half years of observing the universe.
- Picking up where it left off, the Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite (TESS) has already found eight planets, three of which scientists are very excited about, and six supernovae.
- In many ways, TESS is already outperforming Kepler, and researchers expect it to find more than 20,000 exoplanets over its lifespan.
Meanwhile, Spaniards are the least likely to say their culture is superior to others.
- Survey by Pew Research Center shows great variation in chauvinism across Europe.
- Eight most chauvinist countries are in the east, and include Russia.
- British much more likely than French (and slightly more likely than Germans) to say their culture is "superior" to others.
This economy has us in survival mode, stressing out our bodies and minds.
- Economic hardship is linked to physical and psychological illness, resulting in added healthcare expenses people can't afford.
- The gig economy – think Uber, Lyft, TaskRabbit, Handy – is marketed as a 'be your own boss' revolution, but it can be dehumanizing and dangerous; every worker is disposable.
- The cooperative business model can help reverse wealth inequality.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.