Re: Democratic catfight to the finish,helps McCain
Well, the Democrats fighting each other may help McCain, but I believe it really will not make much of a difference. I believe John McCain is going to have an uphill fight...at best. First off, if the 2006 elections were any kind of a barometer, McCain is going to be crushed. Second, I believe that America is fed up with republicans. I believe that they will want to see a new party in power for a while. Last, but certainly not least, is the McCains support of the Iraq War. His statement of having to stay in Iraq for 50 years or more could very well be his death sentence, should the opposing candidate bring that issue and quote up.
Also, for the record, I am not opposed to John McCain, but I am supporting everyone but Hillary.
Giving our solar system a "slap in the face."
- A stream of galactic debris is hurtling at us, pulling dark matter along with it
- It's traveling so quickly it's been described as a hurricane of dark matter
- Scientists are excited to set their particle detectors at the onslffaught
The climate change we're witnessing is more dramatic than we might think.
A lazy buzz phrase – 'Is this the new normal?' – has been doing the rounds as extreme climate events have been piling up over the past year. To which the riposte should be: it's worse than that – we're on the road to even more frequent, more extreme events than we saw this year.
Once again, our circadian rhythm points the way.
- Seven individuals were locked inside a windowless, internetless room for 37 days.
- While at rest, they burned 130 more calories at 5 p.m. than at 5 a.m.
- Morning time again shown not to be the best time to eat.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.