Re: Democratic catfight to the finish,helps McCain
I agree insofar as the splitting of the democratic party could prove an advantage for McCain, but I think there's a bit more to the disagreement between the governments than "low standards of competency" on the part of the Democrats. You might try giving these candidates and their supporters enough to credit to consider that after weighing the options over several issues, they have in fact simply come to different conclusions, and are fighting for what they think is right. If anything, this conflict between candidates reflects the flaws in the two-party system. It forces countless people with unique sets of ideas to conform into one of two categories, severely limiting the options presented to Americans.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
Is it "perverseness," the "death drive," or something else?
Eight-dimensional octonions may hold the clues to solve fundamental mysteries.
- Physicists discover complex numbers called octonions that work in 8 dimensions.
- The numbers have been found linked to fundamental forces of reality.
- Understanding octonions can lead to a new model of physics.
It's up to us humans to re-humanize our world. An economy that prioritizes growth and profits over humanity has led to digital platforms that "strip the topsoil" of human behavior, whole industries, and the planet, giving less and less back. And only we can save us.
- It's an all-hands-on-deck moment in the arc of civilization.
- Everyone has a choice: Do you want to try to earn enough money to insulate yourself from the world you're creating— or do you want to make the world a place you don't have to insulate yourself from?
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.