Re: China and Human Rights
We should and must respond to China's (and other nations') foreign policy role, especially in Africa. BUT, we absolutely should not let that deflect us from pointing to the CCP's own abuses at home against its own citizens, and those (eg Tibetans) who have fallen under Chinese rule.
Kenneth is spot-on to differentiate between personal freedoms to earn money and make some limited family decisions etc, and the often brutal government response to the emergence of any kind of group thinking that might challenge authority, be that Falun Gong, democracy activists, human rights lawyers, journalists, Tibetan Buddhists etc etc etc.
So let's retain focus on China's responsibilities at home AND abroad.
Upvote/downvote each of the videos below!
Having these financial life skills can help you navigate challenging economic environments.
- Americans are swimming in increasingly higher amounts of debt, even the upper middle class.
- Here's some essential financial life skills needed to ensure your economic wellbeing.
When it comes to flirting, love meters have nothing on these researchers' findings.
- Smiling and eye contact are proven winners, while pick-up lines are a flirty fallacy.
Experts argue the jaws of an ancient European ape reveal a key human ancestor.
- The jaw bones of an 8-million-year-old ape were discovered at Nikiti, Greece, in the '90s.
- These fossils may change how we view the evolution of our species.
Rethinking humanity's origin story
Migrating out of Africa
Did we head east or south of Eden?
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.