Re: Can you write with a foreign accent ?
Could not agree more. The imperfection of such writing makes it quite exceptional and should be considered as part of the writer´s style. Correcting him or her results in deleting an important feature. In Germany they dub all films in order to improve their accessibility to the people. And then despite watching thousands of foreign TV and cinema productions, most Germans would never know the real voice of Sean Connery, Alan Bates or Betty Davis. Correcting foreigners writing in English amounts to the same. It makes the writing perhaps a bit more accessible and less "jarring" but is it still real?
New research links urban planning and political polarization.
- Canadian researchers find that excessive reliance on cars changes political views.
- Decades of car-centric urban planning normalized unsustainable lifestyles.
- People who prefer personal comfort elect politicians who represent such views.
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
- America's two political tribes have consolidated into 'red' and 'blue' nations, with seemingly irreconcilable differences.
- Perhaps the best way to stop the infighting is to go for a divorce and give the two nations a country each
- Based on the UN's partition plan for Israel/Palestine, this proposal provides territorial contiguity and sea access to both 'red' and 'blue' America
Science and the squishiness of the human mind. The joys of wearing whatever the hell you want, and so much more.
- Why can't we have a human-sized cat tree?
- What would happen if you got a spoonful of a neutron star?
- Why do we insist on dividing our wonderfully complex selves into boring little boxes
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.