Re: Can Congress Fix Health Care?
How about introducing a new highly competitive health insurance company run by Government, and let free market fix other greedy insurance providers. Start by taking over Big Three employee health insurance under new public company. It is a double whammy: it will relieve car industry legacy cost and at the same time provide basis for start up against prejudice of government run companies, even tough lower class allready knows benefits of Medicare over private insurances. In time it might become universal health care if it stays highly competitive.
New research links urban planning and political polarization.
- Canadian researchers find that excessive reliance on cars changes political views.
- Decades of car-centric urban planning normalized unsustainable lifestyles.
- People who prefer personal comfort elect politicians who represent such views.
It turns out the human scalp has an olfactory receptor that seems to play a crucial role in regulating hair follicle growth and death.
- Scientists treated scalp tissue with a chemical that mimics the odor of sandalwood.
- This chemical bound to an olfactory receptor in the scalp and stimulated hair growth.
- The treatment could soon be available to the public.
Science and the squishiness of the human mind. The joys of wearing whatever the hell you want, and so much more.
- Why can't we have a human-sized cat tree?
- What would happen if you got a spoonful of a neutron star?
- Why do we insist on dividing our wonderfully complex selves into boring little boxes
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.