Re: but if I can't love my parents: Do we romanticize the impact of parenting?
If parenting is found to have little influence on how you turn out, will you then conclude that there is nothing inherant in you as an individual? Your degree of individuality is already apparent, so not altered by discovering whether its source is home environment or something else.If you are the same as people overseas and you attribute your characteristics to parental behaviour, then you must conclude your parents must have been similar. You still haven't distinguished yourself. To distinguish yourself based on connection to those two people, even if they are similar to other parents, is no different from distinguishing yourself from others similar to you. Why the extra step?
Pfizer's partnerships strengthen their ability to deliver vaccines in developing countries.
- Pfizer is helping to drive the UN's sustainable development goals through partnerships.
The best-selling author tells us his methods.
- James' latest book, The President is Missing, co-written with former President Bill Clinton, is out now.
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
- America's two political tribes have consolidated into 'red' and 'blue' nations, with seemingly irreconcilable differences.
- Perhaps the best way to stop the infighting is to go for a divorce and give the two nations a country each
- Based on the UN's partition plan for Israel/Palestine, this proposal provides territorial contiguity and sea access to both 'red' and 'blue' America
It's the first time the association hasn't hired a comedian in 16 years.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.