Re: Backwards Time-travel
If it is possible you would have had to have been there in the first place, it would be similar to a pensieve in the Harry Potter series (experiencing your memories again.)
Otherwise you might accidentally kill an ancestor which would mean you wouldn’t exist and therefore not have been able to kill your ancestor, or anyone that hated you or had a falling out with you would simply go back and easily remove you from existance...
If time travel were to exist in the way it is displayed in Science Fiction than we would simply hand down the greatest ideas to someone years before they should figure it out, it would only mean that we would have to imagine something into existance because once we thought of it then someone would simply travel back and hand it to them.
This is my reason for thinking that the most popular idea of time-travel is in the category of Science Fiction, plainly because it is fiction.
Pfizer's partnerships strengthen their ability to deliver vaccines in developing countries.
- Pfizer is helping to drive the UN's sustainable development goals through partnerships.
The stories we tell define history. So who gets the mic in America?
- History is written by lions. But it's also recorded by lambs.
- Including different voices can paint a more full and vibrant portrait of America. Which is why more walks of American life can and should be storytellers.
Orangutans join humans and bees in a very exclusive club
- Orangutan mothers wait to sound a danger alarm to avoid tipping off predators to their location
- It took a couple of researchers crawling around the Sumatran jungle to discover the phenomenon
- This ability may come from a common ancestor
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.