Re: Atheists.....a ?
"What do you WANT the truth to be? "
I think that statement explains the point of many religious views perfectly.
The whole point of "truth" is that their is one option. You are mealy saying that you dont like reality so your going to substitute your own fantasy to replace your concept of reality.
And why is an afterlife so important to you? is their something you can do their and not here?
If every one where to stop tring to get into heaven and lived their life with out fear of eternal damnation, would their life not be better.
It's unlikely that there's anything on the planet that is worth the cost of shipping it back
- Privatized mining on both Mars and the Moon is likely to occur in the next century
Moon rock on display at US Space and Rocket Center, Huntsville, AL (Big Think/Matt Carlstrom)In 1973, NASA valuated moon rocks at $50,800 per gram –– or over $300,000 today when adjusted for inflation. That figure doesn't reflect the value of the natural resources within the rock, but rather the cost of their extraction.
It's an asteroid, it's a comet, it's actually a spacecraft?
- 'Oumuamua is an oddly shaped, puzzling celestial object because it doesn't act like anything naturally occurring.
- The issue? The unexpected way it accelerated near the Sun. Is this our first sign of extraterrestrials?
- It's pronounced: oh MOO-uh MOO-uh.
A study started out trying to see the effect of sexist attacks on women authors, but it found something deeper.
- It's well known that abusive comments online happen to women more than men
- Such comments caused a "significant effect for the abusive comment on author credibility and intention to seek news from the author and outlet in the future"
- Some news organizations already heavily moderate or even ban comments entirely; this should underscore that effort
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.