Re: Assuming social tribalism, do we need ANY such dangerous obsolete religions?
What has religion done for us. In my opinion not very much other than hold down the human spirit and force upon us ridiculous rules and contradictions. Regardless of which major cult(religion) you pick there are some things that simply defy logic.
As far as I know the universe is logical, I was tought to think logically in school. How can billions of people throw logic out the window to put their faith in a god, any god? wait scratch that how can people throw logic out the window and in its place put a book written by men who had the average IQ of todays 6 graders. Alla, God, Buddha cannot bring peace. Only men and women thinking logically.
Giving our solar system a "slap in the face."
- A stream of galactic debris is hurtling at us, pulling dark matter along with it
- It's traveling so quickly it's been described as a hurricane of dark matter
- Scientists are excited to set their particle detectors at the onslffaught
The climate change we're witnessing is more dramatic than we might think.
Once again, our circadian rhythm points the way.
- Seven individuals were locked inside a windowless, internetless room for 37 days.
- While at rest, they burned 130 more calories at 5 p.m. than at 5 a.m.
- Morning time again shown not to be the best time to eat.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.