Re: Assuming social tribalism, do we need ANY such dangerous obsolete religions?
What has religion done for us. In my opinion not very much other than hold down the human spirit and force upon us ridiculous rules and contradictions. Regardless of which major cult(religion) you pick there are some things that simply defy logic.
As far as I know the universe is logical, I was tought to think logically in school. How can billions of people throw logic out the window to put their faith in a god, any god? wait scratch that how can people throw logic out the window and in its place put a book written by men who had the average IQ of todays 6 graders. Alla, God, Buddha cannot bring peace. Only men and women thinking logically.
- The meaning of the word 'confidence' seems obvious. But it's not the same as self-esteem.
- Confidence isn't just a feeling on your inside. It comes from taking action in the world.
- Join Big Think Edge today and learn how to achieve more confidence when and where it really matters.
- Prejudice is typically perpetrated against 'the other', i.e. a group outside our own.
- But ageism is prejudice against ourselves — at least, the people we will (hopefully!) become.
- Different generations needs to cooperate now more than ever to solve global problems.
The controversial herbicide is everywhere, apparently.
- U.S. PIRG tested 20 beers and wines, including organics, and found Roundup's active ingredient in almost all of them.
- A jury on August 2018 awarded a non-Hodgkin's lymphoma victim $289 million in Roundup damages.
- Bayer/Monsanto says Roundup is totally safe. Others disagree.
The team caught a glimpse of a process that takes 18,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 years.
- In Italy, a team of scientists is using a highly sophisticated detector to hunt for dark matter.
- The team observed an ultra-rare particle interaction that reveals the half-life of a xenon-124 atom to be 18 sextillion years.
- The half-life of a process is how long it takes for half of the radioactive nuclei present in a sample to decay.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.