Re: Are you worried about America's economy?
Where is the incentive to save when your savings are confiscated by inflation and taxes on interest? Savers have been punished in this economy. The idea is to borrow now and pay back later with cheaper dollars. Corporations don't want people to save. They want us to buy. Almost all advertising is promoting spending and consumption.
- The EAST reactor was able to heat hydrogen to temperatures exceeding 100 million degrees Celsius.
- Nuclear fusion could someday provide the planet with a virtually limitless supply of clean energy.
- During the Vietnam War, Robert McNamara began a program called Project 100,000.
- Women and nonwhite candidates made record gains in the 2018 midterms.
- In total, almost half of the newly elected Congressional representatives are not white men.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.