Re: Are two parties enough?
The issues facing our country are more complicated than a Coke-vs-Pepsi debate and will require better representation to solve. I believe the inadequacy of the two-party system has not only led to the great dissatisfaction many people have with our legislature, but it is downright damaging to our country. It stifles debate and innovation, gives unfair and undeserved power to the majority party, and has left our government deadlocked and unable to respond effectively to the nation's needs.
The founding fathers were very careful to lay the foundation for a government where power would be divided and each division would keep the others in check. There's a reason there are three branches of government instead of two: it's much more difficult for one of three divisions to gain a majority of the power. It's quite easy, however, for one of two divisions to tip the scales in its favor.
[Continued in next post]
Upvote/downvote each of the videos below!
As you vote, keep in mind that we are looking for a winner with the most engaging social venture pitch - an idea you would want to invest in.
"Earth" features about 30 of the biggest names in entertainment.
- Lil Dicky is a rapper and comedian who released his debut album in 2015.
- His new music video, "Earth," features artists such as Justin Bieber, Ariana Grande, Ed Sheehan, Kevin Hart, and Leonardo DiCaprio.
- All proceeds of the music video will go to environmental causes, Dicky said.
Some evidence attributes a certain neurological phenomenon to a near death experience.
Time of death is considered when a person has gone into cardiac arrest. This is the cessation of the electrical impulse that drive the heartbeat. As a result, the heart locks up. The moment the heart stops is considered time of death. But does death overtake our mind immediately afterward or does it slowly creep in?
- A forensic artist in Scotland has made a hyper realistic model of an ancient dog.
- It was based on the skull of a dog dug up in Orkney, Scotland, which lived and died 4,000 years ago.
- The model gives us a glimpse of some of the first dogs humans befriended.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.