Re: Alcohol or Marijuanna?
I think I would have to agree that, on a social scale, alcohol causes as many problems as cannabis. In the cases where people use both drugs equally, or to excess, the damage done to lives and the community is greatly increased.
In dry (alcohol free) communities, there are always grog runners and there are always those willing to traffic cannabis as well. Despite the best of intentions to keep communities free from the violence and anti-social behaviour associated with alcohol and cannabis, the problem still persists.
New research links urban planning and political polarization.
- Canadian researchers find that excessive reliance on cars changes political views.
- Decades of car-centric urban planning normalized unsustainable lifestyles.
- People who prefer personal comfort elect politicians who represent such views.
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
- America's two political tribes have consolidated into 'red' and 'blue' nations, with seemingly irreconcilable differences.
- Perhaps the best way to stop the infighting is to go for a divorce and give the two nations a country each
- Based on the UN's partition plan for Israel/Palestine, this proposal provides territorial contiguity and sea access to both 'red' and 'blue' America
Science and the squishiness of the human mind. The joys of wearing whatever the hell you want, and so much more.
- Why can't we have a human-sized cat tree?
- What would happen if you got a spoonful of a neutron star?
- Why do we insist on dividing our wonderfully complex selves into boring little boxes
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.