Re: Alcohol or Marijuanna?
I would argue that marijuana, on a social scale as you put it, is no more a detriment than alcohol.
I agree with the argument made by Bill Maher that the U.S. (and Canada too) are nations of speed freaks in which we are told to pop a pill to be alert, drink caffeine to stay awake, etc. in order to maintain a specific level of output in the economy. Instead of being concerned about the pharmaceutical companies, marijuana is a concern because it does not promote socio-economic productivity. Like I said, the above sentences have been paraphrased from Bill Maher, but I absolutely agree with him.
Malcolm Gladwell teaches "Get over yourself and get to work" for Big Think Edge.
- Learn to recognize failure and know the big difference between panicking and choking.
- At Big Think Edge, Malcolm Gladwell teaches how to check your inner critic and get clear on what failure is.
Three scientists publish a paper proving that Mercury, not Venus, is the closest planet to Earth.
- Earth is the third planet from the Sun, so our closest neighbor must be planet two or four, right?
- Wrong! Neither Venus nor Mars is the right answer.
A new method of growing mini-brains produces some startling results.
- Researchers find a new and inexpensive way to keep organoids growing for a year.
- Axons from the study's organoids attached themselves to embryonic mouse spinal cord cells.
- The mini-brains took control of muscles connected to the spinal cords.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.