Re: A world without the trade/barter system, and absolutely no monetary value.
I understand what you are striving for. This is what "communes" have tried to demonstrate over the centuries, with varying levels of results.
I believe, if we imagine what is possibly understood about "early" humans is that they must have initially lived together in such a manner. At sometime, a member or members of a "tribe" did not want to provide as much as they wished to receive. And this led to what would evolve into rules and various measurements to exact fairness and balance. Though the perfect formula has, and may never be found.
I believe it would be very difficult for humans to go back and correct what our ancestors could not, based on natural instincts. Natural instincts will win out over "intelligence" any day, unless intelligence evolves to be more "complete" when we consider a subject or situation.
These are things I have explored, gained understanding of and teach via "The Completion Process" or "Connecting-to-the-Value-of-Why."2005-2008 ©
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
The Canadian professor has an extensive collection posted on his site.
- Peterson's Great Books list features classics by Orwell, Jung, Huxley, and Dostoevsky.
- Categories include literature, neuroscience, religion, and systems analysis.
- Having recently left Patreon for "freedom of speech" reasons, Peterson is taking direct donations through Paypal (and Bitcoin).
Cosmologists propose a groundbreaking model of the universe using string theory.
- A new paper uses string theory to propose a new model of the universe.
- The researchers think our universe may be riding a bubble expanded by dark energy.
- All matter in the universe may exist in strings that reach into another dimension.
Despite incredible economic growth, it is not necessarily an investor's paradise.
- China's stock market is just 27 years old. It's economy has grown 30x over that time.
- Imagine if you had invested early and gotten in on the ground floor.
- Actually, you would have lost money. Here's how that's possible.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.