The problem with people knowing about a politic's religious beliefs is that some groups are told to vote for people only because of their faith.
For example, I remember my great-aunt telling everybody not to vote for somebody because they would start the end of the world. That is just ridiculous.
I thought of a rule for voting. Anyone with an IQ of under 120 cannot vote. That would definitely solve any ignorant voting. But as you were saying, I sure want to know if the person I am voting for is a crazy religious freak.
Malcolm Gladwell teaches "Get over yourself and get to work" for Big Think Edge.
- Learn to recognize failure and know the big difference between panicking and choking.
- At Big Think Edge, Malcolm Gladwell teaches how to check your inner critic and get clear on what failure is.
We take fewer mental pictures per second.
- Recent memories run in our brains like sped-up old movies.
- In childhood, we capture images in our memory much more quickly.
- The complexities of grownup neural pathways are no match for the direct routes of young brains.
It's one of the most consistent patterns in the unviverse. What causes it?
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.