Put your hands up and move away from the textbook
Dan Meyer is a dynamic young math teacher for the San Lorenzo Valley Unified School District. He totally gets it when it comes to assessment. Here are four great posts, the first three of which I wish I could get every teacher and administrator in Minnesota to read:
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
A new study from Oregon State University makes it clear: it's you.
- Researchers discovered that the more attention you give a cat, the more likely they are to return it.
- Cats are territorial; being in their home environment greatly affects their attitude.
- The common wisdom that cats are aloof is provably false.
10 of the most sandbagging, red-herring, and effective logical fallacies.
- Many an otherwise-worthwhile argument has been derailed by logical fallacies.
- Sometimes these fallacies are deliberate tricks, and sometimes just bad reasoning.
- Avoiding these traps makes disgreeing so much better.
- Facebook and Google began as companies with supposedly noble purposes.
- But pressure to return value to shareholders came at the expense of their own users.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.