PUT UN CHARTER V IN DUSTBIN AND TRY TO RESTORE (IT'S ENOUGH)
Article 26 reflects a pro-disarmament sentiment:
In order to promote the establishment and maintenance of international peace (THE LATEST SCENARIO MEANS THAT GAZA CONFLICT DONT COME UNDER INTERNATIONAL PEACE ) and security with the least diversion for armaments of the world's human and economic resources, the Security Council shall be responsible for formulating, with the assistance of the Military Staff Committee (WHERE IS THIS COMMITTEE ,ARE THE BOSS OF UNITED NATIONS ARE SLEEPING ?)referred to in Article 47, plans to be submitted to the Members of the United Nations for the establishment of a system for the regulation of armaments.
Nonetheless, the language employed here is considerably softer than that of Article 8 of the Covenant of the League of Nations, which stated:The Members of the League agree that the manufacture by private enterprise of munitions and implements of war is open to grave objections. The Council shall advise how the evil effects attendant upon such manufacture can be prevented, due regard being had to the necessities of those Members of the League which are not able to manufacture the munitions and implements of war necessary for their safety.
The Security Council made its first real effort on disarmament in June 1968 when it adopted Resolution 255, which contained assurances for non-nuclear weapon states. Some observers believe that today, the UNSC is not fulfilling its mandate under Article 26.
"It [UNITED NATIONS ]will only result in failure and the longer that failure is postponed the more certain it is that these countries will have been lulled to sleep. It will put a very strong lever into the hands of the well-meaning idealists who are to be found in almost every Government, who deprecate expenditure on armaments, and, in the course of time, it will almost certainly result in these countries being caught at a disadvantage"Benito Mussolini stated that "The League is very well when sparrows shout, but no good at all when eagles fall out." "Sparrow" was "Iraq" (gulf crisis, 1991-92) and "Tiger" is Israel (but it is not the thing to praise Israel in the context of conflict but because not to accepting the decision of UNSC (Gaza conflict 2009) and United Nations Replaced League of Nations on 24th October 1945.So this is the same like League of Nations failure in 1940s. "Generally it appears to me that any such scheme is dangerous to us, because it will create a sense of security which is wholly fictitious".
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
A completely unexpected discovery beneath the ice.
- Scientists find remains of a tardigrade and crustaceans in a deep, frozen Antarctic lake.
- The creatures' origin is unknown, and further study is ongoing.
- Biology speaks up about Antarctica's history.
Bushier eyebrows are associated with higher levels of narcissism, according to new research.
- Science has provided an excellent clue for identifying the narcissists among us.
- Eyebrows are crucial to recognizing identities.
- The study provides insight into how we process faces and our latent ability to detect toxic people.
It's one factor that can help explain the religiosity gap.
- Sociologists have long observed a gap between the religiosity of men and women.
- A recent study used data from several national surveys to compare religiosity, risk-taking preferences and demographic information among more than 20,000 American adolescents.
- The results suggest that risk-taking preferences might partly explain the gender differences in religiosity.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.