psychiatry and its contribution to human freedom
This title is meant to be a little sardonic. I am not sure about if or whether. Psychiatry in the United States has come to mean the peddling of pharaceuticals. The pharmaceutical companies have become extremely powerful presences in psychiatry, and since they wish to make as much money as possible they have pushed a proliferation of drugs for every human condition, many of which seem to be normal human conditions. Sadness, shyness, cyclothymia, and others.
So what is to be done. What are the real contributions of psychiatry to humanity. For me, humanity is synonomous with human freedom, and human freedoms seem to be losing out to bureaucracy, induced fear, and corporate interests.
Journaling can help you materialize your ambitions.
- Organizing your thoughts can help you plan and achieve goals that might otherwise seen unobtainable.
- The Bullet Journal method, in particular, can reduce clutter in your life by helping you visualize your future.
- One way to view your journal might be less of a narrative and more of a timeline of decisions.
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
New research links urban planning and political polarization.
- Canadian researchers find that excessive reliance on cars changes political views.
- Decades of car-centric urban planning normalized unsustainable lifestyles.
- People who prefer personal comfort elect politicians who represent such views.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.