Preparation in youth groups
A big problem with youth groups and their leaders.
Having grown up in the church I have seen many highs, and many lows. The main thing about today's youth culture in churches is lack of preparation. Many of today's youth pastor's worries are about the amount of people in their youth group. It is a pride thing, they want the most students in their church than the other ones. However, many youth pastors are not prepared when it comes to a lesson plan. Many times it is a last minute effort to put something together for the kids. I believe that if youth pastors really put effort into their lessons, their ministry will be more effective. The kids will be better off having a well-prepared lesson, than the most kids in the church. Youth groups need to focus on the Word of God, rather than the attendance. Youth groups can be very effective ministries if they are well-prepared and well organized.
Researchers discover a link between nonverbal synchronization and relationship success.
- Scientists say coordinating movements leads to increased intimacy and sexual desire in a couple.
- The improved rapport and empathy was also observed in people who didn't know each other.
- Non-verbal clues are very important in the development stages of a relationship.
Humans evolved to live in the cold through a number of environmental and genetic factors.
- According to some relatively new research, many of our early human cousins preceded Homo sapien migrations north by hundreds of thousands or even millions of years.
- Cross-breeding with other ancient hominids gave some subsets of human population the genes to contend and thrive in colder and harsher climates.
- Behavioral and dietary changes also helped humans adapt to cold climates.
The comics titan worked for more than half a century to revolutionize and add nuance to the comics industry, and he built a vast community of fans along the way.
- Lee died shortly after being rushed to an L.A. hospital. He had been struggling with multiple illnesses over the past year, reports indicate.
- Since the 1950s, Lee has been one of the most influential figures in comics, helping to popularize heroes that expressed a level of nuance and self-doubt previously unseen in the industry.
- Lee, who's later years were marked by some financial and legal tumult, is survived by his daughter, Joan Celia "J.C." Lee.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.