Preparation in youth groups
A big problem with youth groups and their leaders.
Having grown up in the church I have seen many highs, and many lows. The main thing about today's youth culture in churches is lack of preparation. Many of today's youth pastor's worries are about the amount of people in their youth group. It is a pride thing, they want the most students in their church than the other ones. However, many youth pastors are not prepared when it comes to a lesson plan. Many times it is a last minute effort to put something together for the kids. I believe that if youth pastors really put effort into their lessons, their ministry will be more effective. The kids will be better off having a well-prepared lesson, than the most kids in the church. Youth groups need to focus on the Word of God, rather than the attendance. Youth groups can be very effective ministries if they are well-prepared and well organized.
Upstreamism advocate Rishi Manchanda calls us to understand health not as a "personal responsibility" but a "common good."
- Upstreamism tasks health care professionals to combat unhealthy social and cultural influences that exist outside — or upstream — of medical facilities.
- Patients from low-income neighborhoods are most at risk of negative health impacts.
- Thankfully, health care professionals are not alone. Upstreamism is increasingly part of our cultural consciousness.
No, depression is not just a type of 'affluenza' – poor people in conflict zones are more likely candidates
- Often seen as typical of rich societies, depression is actually more prevalent in poor, conflict-ridden countries
- More than one in five Afghans is clinically depressed – a sad world record
- But are North Koreans really the world's 'fourth least depressed' people?
America isn't immune to attempts to remove books from libraries and schools, here are ten frequent targets and why you ought to go check them out.
- Even in America, books are frequently challenged and removed from schools and public libraries.
- Every year, the American Library Association puts on Banned Books Week to draw attention to this fact.
- Some of the books they include on their list of most frequently challenged are some of the greatest, most beloved, and entertaining books there are.
- Oumuamua, a quarter-mile long asteroid tumbling through space, is Hawaiian for "scout", or "the first of many".
- It was given this name because it came from another solar system.
- Some claimed 'Oumuamua was an alien technology, but there's no actual evidence for that.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.