Preparation in youth groups
A big problem with youth groups and their leaders.
Having grown up in the church I have seen many highs, and many lows. The main thing about today's youth culture in churches is lack of preparation. Many of today's youth pastor's worries are about the amount of people in their youth group. It is a pride thing, they want the most students in their church than the other ones. However, many youth pastors are not prepared when it comes to a lesson plan. Many times it is a last minute effort to put something together for the kids. I believe that if youth pastors really put effort into their lessons, their ministry will be more effective. The kids will be better off having a well-prepared lesson, than the most kids in the church. Youth groups need to focus on the Word of God, rather than the attendance. Youth groups can be very effective ministries if they are well-prepared and well organized.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
Even some teachers suffer from anxiety about math.
I teach people how to teach math, and I've been working in this field for 30 years. Across those decades, I've met many people who suffer from varying degrees of math trauma – a form of debilitating mental shutdown when it comes to doing mathematics.
She met mere mortals with and without the Vatican's approval.
- For centuries, the Virgin Mary has appeared to the faithful, requesting devotion and promising comfort.
- These maps show the geography of Marian apparitions – the handful approved by the Vatican, and many others.
- Historically, Europe is where most apparitions have been reported, but the U.S. is pretty fertile ground too.
The legacy of Felix Dzerzhinsky, who led Soviet secret police in the "Red Terror," still confounds Russia.
- Felix Dzerzhinsky led the Cheka, Soviet Union's first secret police.
- The Cheka was infamous for executing thousands during the Red Terror of 1918.
- The Cheka later became the KGB, the spy organization where Russia's President Putin served for years.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.