Phonetic words reading teachers should teach after the CVC words.
I think it is safe to say that most teachers start teaching reading to beginners by teaching Consonant-Vowel-Consonant (CVC) words because they are phonetically consistent.
We have developed a set of 9,000 phonetic words and are offering them free to anyone who want to use them.
Go here to see the 9,000 phonetic words:
Go here to see how the list was compiled:
Go here to read the rules that were used to select the words:
I would be happy to correspond with anyone about any facet of the idea.
Giving our solar system a "slap in the face."
- A stream of galactic debris is hurtling at us, pulling dark matter along with it
- It's traveling so quickly it's been described as a hurricane of dark matter
- Scientists are excited to set their particle detectors at the onslffaught
The climate change we're witnessing is more dramatic than we might think.
Once again, our circadian rhythm points the way.
- Seven individuals were locked inside a windowless, internetless room for 37 days.
- While at rest, they burned 130 more calories at 5 p.m. than at 5 a.m.
- Morning time again shown not to be the best time to eat.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.