Pedophilia is a condition requiring quarantine.
If pedophilia were recognized as a 'health' condition, quarantine could be exercised to remove people suspected of suffering from this condition more readily than can now be done by limiting it to a judicial situation; at the same time, the person quarantined would be treated as humanely as anyone that we quarantine. The community becomes safer, the person with the condition is also safer.
Of course, we have at this time no cure, so the quarantine would be for life until we can demonstrate an absolute cure... but, again, quarantine is a 'humane place' where the sufferer is not vilified for their condition.
Upvote the video, or videos, you want to win.
As you vote, keep in mind that we are looking for a winner with the most engaging social venture pitch - an idea you would want to invest in. And note: We'll only count upvotes (not downvotes).
- Oumuamua, a quarter-mile long asteroid tumbling through space, is Hawaiian for "scout", or "the first of many".
- It was given this name because it came from another solar system.
- Some claimed Oumuamua was an alien technology, but there's no actual evidence for that.
An innovation may lead to lifelike evolving machines.
- Scientists at Cornell University devise a material with 3 key traits of life.
- The goal for the researchers is not to create life but lifelike machines.
- The researchers were able to program metabolism into the material's DNA.
Here are 7 often-overlooked World Heritage Sites, each with its own history.
- UNESCO World Heritage Sites are locations of high value to humanity, either for their cultural, historical, or natural significance.
- Some are even designated as World Heritage Sites because humans don't go there at all, while others have felt the effects of too much human influence.
- These 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites each represent an overlooked or at-risk facet of humanity's collective cultural heritage.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.