patriotism in america.
the united states and thier big head
I am so tired of people saying this is the greatest country on earth. I don't mean to be unpatriotic, but we are not a great nation. We are a nation of people who believe they are great. We believe this so fervently that we refuse to acknowledge any of our faults. People who say this is the greatest nation on earth have never been to a county hospital. They have never had to teach 38 students in a revolving classroom. They have never had to declare bankruptcy because of medical bills. Furthermore, they aren’t people who have lost their whole savings in a matter of minutes. There are obvious flaws in the United States. I wish people would just admit it.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
A completely unexpected discovery beneath the ice.
- Scientists find remains of a tardigrade and crustaceans in a deep, frozen Antarctic lake.
- The creatures' origin is unknown, and further study is ongoing.
- Biology speaks up about Antarctica's history.
She met mere mortals with and without the Vatican's approval.
- For centuries, the Virgin Mary has appeared to the faithful, requesting devotion and promising comfort.
- These maps show the geography of Marian apparitions – the handful approved by the Vatican, and many others.
- Historically, Europe is where most apparitions have been reported, but the U.S. is pretty fertile ground too.
It's one factor that can help explain the religiosity gap.
- Sociologists have long observed a gap between the religiosity of men and women.
- A recent study used data from several national surveys to compare religiosity, risk-taking preferences and demographic information among more than 20,000 American adolescents.
- The results suggest that risk-taking preferences might partly explain the gender differences in religiosity.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.