patriotism in america.
the united states and thier big head
I am so tired of people saying this is the greatest country on earth. I don't mean to be unpatriotic, but we are not a great nation. We are a nation of people who believe they are great. We believe this so fervently that we refuse to acknowledge any of our faults. People who say this is the greatest nation on earth have never been to a county hospital. They have never had to teach 38 students in a revolving classroom. They have never had to declare bankruptcy because of medical bills. Furthermore, they aren’t people who have lost their whole savings in a matter of minutes. There are obvious flaws in the United States. I wish people would just admit it.
New research links urban planning and political polarization.
- Canadian researchers find that excessive reliance on cars changes political views.
- Decades of car-centric urban planning normalized unsustainable lifestyles.
- People who prefer personal comfort elect politicians who represent such views.
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
- Why can't we have a human-sized cat tree?
- What would happen if you got a spoonful of a neutron star?
- Why do we insist on dividing our wonderfully complex selves into boring little boxes
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.