Part 2: Archive of the Synapse
The notion of parallel and intertwined worlds is shared by contemporary quantum physics and teleologically-based mythologies. The Archive of the Synapse is a museum and research institution dedicated to exploring this notion from an intergrated approach, freed from the limitations of operating within the assumptions of a single discipline. This "virtual tour" of the Archive of the Synapse introduces basic ideas behind the Synapse, or interstitial gap between multiple worlds, and the Keepers, those individuals, subcultures, and cultures who believe themselves to be the guardians of the Synapse. The Archive was last displayed in its entirety in San Francsisco in 2003, but continues to exhibit portions of its collection nationally. To find out more, visit www.synapse-archive.com.
A federal judge ruled that the Trump administration likely violated the reporter's Fifth Amendment rights when it stripped his press credentials earlier this month.
- Acosta will be allowed to return to the White House on Friday.
- The judge described the ruling as narrow, and didn't rule one way or the other on violations of the First Amendment.
- The case is still open, and the administration may choose to appeal the ruling.
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
- America's two political tribes have consolidated into 'red' and 'blue' nations, with seemingly irreconcilable differences.
- Perhaps the best way to stop the infighting is to go for a divorce and give the two nations a country each
- Based on the UN's partition plan for Israel/Palestine, this proposal provides territorial contiguity and sea access to both 'red' and 'blue' America
The definition of a kilogram will now be fixed to Planck's constant, a fundamental part of quantum physics.
- The new definition of a kilogram is based on a physical constant in quantum physics.
- Unlike the current definition of a kilogram, this measurement will never change.
- Scientists also voted to update the definitions of several other measurements in physics.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.