Our mental models are the biggest barrier to moving schools forward into a digital, global era
What is the biggest barrier to moving schools forward into a technology-suffused, globally-interconnected era? Our mental models of what schooling should look like.
Unfortunately, most educators, parents, and policymakers have no idea what it truly means to prepare students for this kind of world.
Don't believe me? Go ahead and ask 'em.
Upvote/downvote each of the videos below!
- What distinguishes humans is social learning — and teaching.
- Crucial to learning and teaching is the value of free expression.
- And we need political leaders who support environments of social peace and cooperation.
We're talking Ghost in the Shell type of stuff.
- Why democracy has been unpopular with philosophers
- Tragedy's reminder that the past isn't finished with us
- …and why we need art in the first place
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.