One plus One equals Change
Character in Leadership..
I once heard it said that knowledge matched with zeal will create maximum impact. Zeal is passion for a purpose. It is a passionate pursuit of a desired goal. In leadership this is the enthusiasm that ignites your followers; the driving force of them following. Though essential, a leader must not be satiated with enthusiasm and charisma. Even when the communicated goal is clear, when the team is rallied, a lack of knowledge produces a meager return. Knowledge produces depth of meaning in your mission. It programs and is highly practical at times. If zeal gets you a following, knowledge unleashes them with the ability to achieve. These characteristics connected in leadership will create a cause for change.
So I ask you, in which category are you wanting. What does maximum impact look like for you in leadership? Do you need a shot to the heart or to hit the books?
A new study estimated the untapped potential of wind energy across Europe.
- A new report calculated how much electricity Europe could generate if it built onshore wind farms on all of its exploitable land.
- The results indicated that European onshore wind farms could supply the whole world with electricity from now until 2050.
- Wind farms come with a few complications, but the researchers noted that their study was meant to highlight the untapped potential of the renewable energy source in Europe.
French newspapers report that the trial hasn't lived up to expectations.
- The French government initially invested in a rural solar roadway in 2016.
- French newspapers report that the trial hasn't lived up to expectations.
- Solar panel "paved" roadways are proving to be inefficient and too expensive.
You want one. Now you may be able to survive one.
Photo credit: Jie Zhao / Getty contributor
- Cats live in a quarter of Western households.
- Allergies to them are common and can be dangerous.
- A new approach targets the primary trouble-causing allergen.