(one of the many) Weak Atheist Arguments
There are so many numerous weak philosophical atheist arguments its hard to pinpoint just one to bash on, but this one just has to be by far the worse. The idea that history has pushed Christ through because of its keeping the masses subverted ideas. Why is this a ridiculous idea? As atheists like to point out didn't Jesus say that our next life is our treasure? Didn't the Holy word lay a claim for servants to honor their masters? Didn't it deny this existence importance? Yes atheists it did, but follow with me here: ALL Christians are supposed to follow Christ lead in leadership. Meaning, we call a man God who, willingly, went to the cross to die for our sins. With that he left us with the responsibility to Love others like he Loved us. Now whether or not you want to believe what we know is true; Objectively, can't you see what a weak argument: "Christianity is what is best for subverting the masses" is? Because our LEADERS are charged, by Jesus example, to be subservient to the masses in a leadership role. Yes, you might be wise to point out that this example and charge Christ gave us isn’t how it has often been. This fact you could point out though tends to be more true because of the human nature aspect of absolute power corrupts absolutely vs. the Jesus example makes it easier to control the masses. However, the point remains the words of Christ are to Love all of humanity the way he loved all of humanity. Meaning, even if you are God you are to die (or simply put: do anything) for those considered below you. It would be much easier for leader’s to adopt a Hinduism religion that focuses on reincarnation and creates a religiosity of different classes if their goals were to subvert the masses. This Hinduism idea would be the religion any leader who wanted to subvert the masses would push and yet Christ words remain. Good luck tadpoles with your view that this life is all there is. I pray for your sakes your right because you do, mostly, seem like genuinely nice, simpleminded, but nice folks.
International poker champion Liv Boeree teaches decision-making for Big Think Edge.
The way that you think about stress can actually transform the effect that it has on you – and others.
- Stress is contagious, and the higher up in an organization you are the more your stress will be noticed and felt by others.
- Kelly McGonigal teaches "Reset your mindset to reduce stress" for Big Think Edge.
- Subscribe to Big Think Edge before we launch on March 30 to get 20% off monthly and annual memberships.
Tracking project establishes northern Argentina is wintering ground of Swainson's hawks
- Watch these six dots move across the map and be moved yourself: this is a story about coming of age, discovery, hardship, death and survival.
- Each dot is a tag attached to the talon of a Swainson's Hawk. We follow them on their very first migration, from northern California all the way down to Argentina.
- After one year, only one is still alive.
These quick bursts of inspiration will brighten your day in 10 minutes or less.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.