Oliver Sacks Hallucinates, The World Learns
It's the sign of a rigorous scientist to empiricize personal deterioration and apparently Sack's experience revealed some interesting tidbits. He saw chessboards and question marks float in and out of his field of vision in his right eye. This allowed him a geater level of empathy when interacting with his visually-impaired patients. Sacks, who now has no central vision, also landed a gig on Ted Talks, to be posted shortly, where he further revealed the secrets of sight and sightlessness.
Pfizer's partnerships strengthen their ability to deliver vaccines in developing countries.
- Pfizer is helping to drive the UN's sustainable development goals through partnerships.
The controversy around the Torah codes gets a new life.
- Mathematicians claim to see a predictive pattern in the ancient Torah texts.
- The code is revealed by a method found with special computer software.
- Some events described by reading the code took place after the code was written.
Orangutans join humans and bees in a very exclusive club
- Orangutan mothers wait to sound a danger alarm to avoid tipping off predators to their location
- It took a couple of researchers crawling around the Sumatran jungle to discover the phenomenon
- This ability may come from a common ancestor
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.