How many people believe in the old Gods? Not many people, but there are still some believers of old and strange Gods. Few people today believe in the old Gods of the Egyptians, Greeks, and Romans. These Gods took a long time to die. It will take a long time for our present major religions to disappear, but it will happen just as it did for the Gods of old. In just the last 100 years, we have proof that heaven is not just overhead and the devil does not live just underneath our earth’s surface. It may take another 100 year or so, but science, archeology and reason will eventually win out. Then the world will be a better place. The religious leaders will no longer enslave their followers with 2000 year old nonsense. I hope now hope people are going to come to their senses and support the removal of the superstitious statements "under god" and "God bless America." The congress’s hasty vote was not considering the separations of church and state! Also, if we are under god and blessed like politicians always say, why did we have all those people killed on Sept. 11. Simple logic of fair minded people should see that "Under god" is not compatible with "indivisible" as it undeniably divides us into the believers and the non-believers! My opinion as a life long voting old fashion Conservative Republican! God-frey
Pfizer's partnerships strengthen their ability to deliver vaccines in developing countries.
- Community healthcare workers face many challenges in their work, including often traveling far distances to see their clients
- Pfizer is helping to drive the UN's sustainable development goals through partnerships.
- Pfizer partnered with AMP and the World Health Organization to develop a training program for healthcare workers.
A study on flies may hold the key to future addiction treatments.
- A new study suggests that drinking alcohol can affect how memories are stored away as good or bad.
- This may have drastic implications for how addiction is caused and how people recall intoxication.
- The findings may one day lead to a new form of treatment for those suffering from addiction.
A glass of juice has as much sugar, ounce for ounce, as a full-calorie soda. And those vitamins do almost nothing.
Quick: think back to childhood (if you've reached the scary clown you've gone too far). What did your parents or guardians give you to keep you quiet? If you're anything like most parents, it was juice. But here's the thing: juice is bad for you.
As the world gets hotter, men may have fewer and fewer viable sperm
- New research on beetles shows that successive exposure to heatwaves reduces male fertility, sometimes to the point of sterility.
- The research has implications both for how the insect population will sustain itself as well as how human fertility may work on an increasingly hotter Earth.
- With this and other evidence, it is becoming clear that more common and more extreme heatwaves may be the most dangerous aspect of climate change.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.