"North Of Moldova TV IS OFF!!! But We Have THE ALMIGHTY INTERNET!"
So read the most revolutionary tweet of the day out of Chisnau as the Twitter Revolution called for the Moldovan government to step from power and let freedom reign.
The tag #pman is twitterhand for Piata Marii Adunari Nationale, Chisnau's central square which has been the scene of violent protests in recent days between EU-aligned students and the ruling communist government. Many anti-government actions so far have been coordinated through Twiiter and other social networks.
Journalist and blogger, Natalia Morari, the Anna Politkovskaya of Molodova, wrote that "the organisation was through the internet, and 15,000 people came on to the street." Other reports have been carried over Facebook's Support Moldova page which counts 6,892 fans and details what's on the resistance movement's agenda.
Russia jumped into the fray as well denouncing the protests in a country that, like Georgia, is seen as entirely within the Slavic sphere of influence and which serves as a critical buffer between them and the EU. Russia has particular sympathy for a strip of Moldovan territotry bordering the Ukraine, Transnistria, which has a high population of ethnic Russians.
An interview with Natalia Morari after her explusion from Russia in 2007
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
A growing body of research shows promising signs that the keto diet might be able to improve mental health.
- The keto diet is known to be an effective tool for weight loss, however its effects on mental health remain largely unclear.
- Recent studies suggests that the keto diet might be an effective tool for treating depression, and clearing up so-called "brain fog," though scientists caution more research is necessary before it can be recommended as a treatment.
- Any experiments with the keto diet are best done in conjunction with a doctor, considering some people face problems when transitioning to the low-carb diet.
Even when they suffer costs in doing so.
- It's commonly thought that the suppression of female sexuality is perpetuated by either men or women.
- In a new study, researchers used economics games to observe how both genders treat sexually-available women.
- The results suggests that both sexes punish female promiscuity, though for different reasons and different levels of intensity.
Thinking your life is worthwhile is correlated with a variety of positive outcomes.
- A new study finds that adults who feel their lives are meaningful have better health and life outcomes.
- Adults who felt their lives were worthwhile tended to be more social and had healthier habits.
- The findings could be used to help improve the health of older adults.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.