NAU and Amero any thoughts?
There is some talk in the U.S. on the North American Union, and the rumours is that Amero is the name of the new currency that USA, Canada and Mexico all want to bring onto market for their SPP project. To do that it will require a hugh change in, perticular US due to the dollar as well as the Declaration of Independence. A shared currency pretty much obsoletes the DoIlar.
This can only be obtained and acheived by a financial crisis that forces the treasury to de-monetize the dollar by Force Majeur. It is -not- unlikly that this will happend in close future based on analysis of different strategic moves US have made in both military, domestic and in finance.(Military: troops has returned to train in urban warfare. Domestic: uprisings caused by lack of goods. Financial: large scale bankrupsy)
What that will do - when it happens - is to cause a major uprise and sivil unrest as peoples money and investments are rendered worthless - basically robbed by the banks and the coporate government. To handle that (uprise) military could be used. By selecting military in addition to - or instead of - police means killings are expected to occur - a war inside the US if you like - and this can occure as the Posse Comitatus Act practially is suspended.
A dark scenario, but nevertheless a plausible one. Any thoughts?
Antimicrobial resistance is growing worldwide, rendering many "work horse" medicines ineffective. Without intervention, drug-resistant pathogens could lead to millions of deaths by 2050. Thankfully, companies like Pfizer are taking action.
- Antimicrobial-resistant pathogens are one of the largest threats to global health today.
- As we get older, our immune systems age, increasing our risk of life threatening infections. Without reliable antibiotics, life expectancy could decline for the first time in modern history.
- If antibiotics become ineffective, common infections could result in hospitalization or even death. Life-saving interventions like cancer treatments and organ transplantation would become more difficult, more often resulting in death. Routine procedures would become hard to perform.
- Without intervention, resistant pathogens could result in 10 million annual deaths by 2050.
- By taking a multi-faceted approach—inclusive of adherence to good stewardship, surveillance and responsible manufacturing practices, as well as an emphasis on prevention and treatment—companies like Pfizer are fighting to help curb the spread.
Long hidden under trees, it's utterly massive
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
- America's two political tribes have consolidated into 'red' and 'blue' nations, with seemingly irreconcilable differences.
- Perhaps the best way to stop the infighting is to go for a divorce and give the two nations a country each
- Based on the UN's partition plan for Israel/Palestine, this proposal provides territorial contiguity and sea access to both 'red' and 'blue' America
Christmas has many pagan and secular traditions that early Christians incorporated into this new holiday.
- Christmas was heavily influenced by the Roman festival of Saturnalia.
- The historical Jesus was not born on December 25th as many contemporary Christians believe.
- Many staple Christmas traditions predated the festival and were tied into ancient pagan worship of the sun and related directly to the winter solstice.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.