My mascot wasn't tough enough
I rarely share personal news here, but since the word is starting to get out, I might as well publicly announce that I'm leaving the University of Minnesota. I accepted an offer from Iowa State University to be the coordinator of its Educational Administration program, effective this fall. My family and I will be making the move to Ames over the summer. We're excited about my professional opportunities and the chance to return to a classic Midwest college town.
Since most of you know me virtually, I'm sure you don't really care where I'm located! I'll update my Contact me link once I know my new contact information. For those of you who are concerned, CASTLE and all of my related online ventures will just travel with me to Iowa State.
Sorry, Gophers. Go Cyclones!
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
Is it "perverseness," the "death drive," or something else?
A growing body of research shows promising signs that the keto diet might be able to improve mental health.
- The keto diet is known to be an effective tool for weight loss, however its effects on mental health remain largely unclear.
- Recent studies suggests that the keto diet might be an effective tool for treating depression, and clearing up so-called "brain fog," though scientists caution more research is necessary before it can be recommended as a treatment.
- Any experiments with the keto diet are best done in conjunction with a doctor, considering some people face problems when transitioning to the low-carb diet.
It's up to us humans to re-humanize our world. An economy that prioritizes growth and profits over humanity has led to digital platforms that "strip the topsoil" of human behavior, whole industries, and the planet, giving less and less back. And only we can save us.
- It's an all-hands-on-deck moment in the arc of civilization.
- Everyone has a choice: Do you want to try to earn enough money to insulate yourself from the world you're creating— or do you want to make the world a place you don't have to insulate yourself from?
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.