My 2012 Predictions: Pump Priming and Stagflation
I wish you all a happy, healthy and prosperous new year. Some thoughts…
We are not facing a crisis of capitalism; we are looking towards a new, cleaner, fairer capitalism! It will not impair the successful but will, once again, enable the Americandream; hard work and attention to the job at hand can lead to success. The people are demanding and will demand this opportunity. No force will stop it!
2012 will bring:
Pump priming in the early months motivated by Obama’s will to win an election. The pump will not be primed sufficiently to turn the economy yet as the resistance to changeis still powerful, though waning.
The modest prime will release real inflation with no, or little, growth — “Stagflation.” Interest rates will climb to the inflation rate which may reach 6-8% by year end. Though government will wish to control interest rates, the risk of massive inflation will inhibit the probability of success.
There will certainly be Sovereign and banking defaults in 2012, all of which will aid in the cleansing of the world economic cloud and provide part of the foundation for future economic growth and a changed (for the better) brand of capitalism.
We face a year of more transition, a changed economic world, some pain but, ultimately, a world emerging from the black clouds of Recession.
Here is a recent interview I did with Chuck Willbanks for The Deal.
International poker champion Liv Boeree teaches decision-making for Big Think Edge.
"I was so moved when I saw the cells stir," said 90-year-old study co-author Akira Iritani. "I'd been hoping for this for 20 years."
- The team managed to stimulate nucleus-like structures to perform some biological processes, but not cell division.
- Unless better technology and DNA samples emerge in the future, it's unlikely that scientists will be able to clone a woolly mammoth.
- Still, studying the DNA of woolly mammoths provides valuable insights into the genetic adaptations that allowed them to survive in unique environments.
An MIT study predicts when artificial intelligence will take over for humans in different occupations.
While technology develops at exponential speed, transforming how we go about our everyday tasks and extending our lives, it also offers much to worry about. In particular, many top minds think that automation will cost humans their employment, with up to 47% of all jobs gone in the next 25 years. And chances are, this number could be even higher and the massive job loss will come earlier.
Discover the holistic and all-encompassing philosophies of the ancient East.
- Taoist philosophy teaches its adherents the paradoxical action of non-action.
- Over three thousand years ago, the I Ching conceptualized binary code and influenced major asian religions
- Ram Dass and Herman Hesse synthesized western scientific and philosophic views with traditional eastern religions to inform their teachings.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.