Music portraying a bad image?
Is your generalization of music correct in society today?
What does it mean when people say "this type of music should not be listen to or be allowed here?" Every genre of music has its weaknesses and strengths. In the culture that we are in today, we are only pointing out the weakness of genre and not giving credit to some of the positives that it may bring. For example, some people might say that metal music is too loud or its not lyrical enough. Obviously some people thinks that its a good type of music and worth listening too because people go to their concerts and buy their CDs and make their own bands out of inspiration from it. Another example is Hip-hop and rap music. Many who don't listens to it say that it puts out bad image of what people should stand for and no one is really listening to songs anyway. I'm sure many people listen to it just by the number of platinum albums, ringtones and billboard hits it has. I think a least million people would disagree with the person claiming that no one listens to it. And for putting out the bad image, obviously over a million would once again disagree with you. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions but to make a generalization of what a genre of music portrays based on your own opinion is quite ignorant.
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
A new study explores how certain personality traits affect individuals' attitudes on obesity in others.
- The study compared personality traits and obesity views among more than 3,000 mothers.
- The results showed that the personality traits neuroticism and extraversion are linked to more negative views and behaviors related to obesity.
- People who scored high in conscientiousness are more likely to experience "fat phobia.
The rise of anti-scientific thinking and conspiracy is a concerning trend.
- Fifty years later after one of the greatest achievements of mankind, there's a growing number of moon landing deniers. They are part of a larger trend of anti-scientific thinking.
- Climate change, anti-vaccination and other assorted conspiratorial mindsets are a detriment and show a tangible impediment to fostering real progress or societal change.
- All of these separate anti-scientific beliefs share a troubling root of intellectual dishonesty and ignorance.
The history of the Geneva Conventions tells us how the international community draws the line on brutality.
- Henry Dunant's work led to the Red Cross and conventions on treating prisoners humanely.
- Four Geneva Conventions defined the rules for prisoners of war, torture, naval and medical personnel and more.
- Amendments to the agreements reflect the modern world but have not been ratified by all countries.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.