Muhammad's intention in allying with the Jews
Upon the advent of Islam, Muhammad told his followers to face in the direction of Jerusalem while performing their twice-a-day prayer. This was to ally with the Jews of Medina. Later he revised this by telling the Muslims to face the shrine at Mecca. Why do you think Muhammad chose to ally with the Jews? Was he merely looking for a way to establish his young religion by allowing his followers to commit to more traditional rites?
Upvote/downvote each of the videos below!
Having these financial life skills can help you navigate challenging economic environments.
- Americans are swimming in increasingly higher amounts of debt, even the upper middle class.
- Here's some essential financial life skills needed to ensure your economic wellbeing.
When it comes to flirting, love meters have nothing on these researchers' findings.
- Smiling and eye contact are proven winners, while pick-up lines are a flirty fallacy.
Experts argue the jaws of an ancient European ape reveal a key human ancestor.
- The jaw bones of an 8-million-year-old ape were discovered at Nikiti, Greece, in the '90s.
- These fossils may change how we view the evolution of our species.
Rethinking humanity's origin story
Migrating out of Africa
Did we head east or south of Eden?
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.