Moving from the "great idea" to actually doing something about it.
There is increasing news about the importance of entrepreneurs to the economy, yet lately although a lot of people I had been talking to had some really excellent ideas for starting their own business, they didn't seem to take them forward.
It wasn't just one group of people that had these ideas; they ranged from finance directors and academics, to the electrician that came to rewire my house and a chap who was starting a business in removing house & garden rubble that couldn't get the right people to join him.
On the other hand, my brother and some colleagues had successfully started a consultancy company because they had complimentary skills that they could call upon and they were there for each other to encourage, motivate and bounce ideas about. This led me to thinking what will most help individuals to move from the "great idea" to actually getting out and doing it.
What was needed was not just advice on tax etc, but something that would really move people forward, to grab the chance of starting their own work, business, company - call it what you will. A way to put like minded people in contact at whatever stage they might be. Hence a sort of "dating agency" for business people.
After much research, we launched the Company Partners website, primarily for people to find others in order to start-up a business. With a demand however for inexpensive routes to funding, further extensions of using the site for Investors and companies needing investment, soon followed. The last piece of the jigsaw was adding the ability for established companies, perhaps needing fresh talent to join with the founders, to also become members.As time goes on, I hope the site will increasingly make a real difference to people's lives and their dreams for achieving a fulfilling work experience.
Pfizer's partnerships strengthen their ability to deliver vaccines in developing countries.
- Community healthcare workers face many challenges in their work, including often traveling far distances to see their clients
- Pfizer is helping to drive the UN's sustainable development goals through partnerships.
- Pfizer partnered with AMP and the World Health Organization to develop a training program for healthcare workers.
Is everyone's favorite Thanksgiving centerpiece really to blame for the post-dinner doldrums?
- Americans kill around 45 million turkeys every year in preparation for the Thanksgiving meal, only to blame our favorite centerpiece for the following food comas.
- Rumor has it our after-dinner sleepiness results from the tryptophan found in turkey.
- However, it is the meal's overall nutritional imbalance, not just the tryptophan, that make us want to leave the dishes for tomorrow. Or maybe the next day.
Progressive America would be half as big, but twice as populated as its conservative twin.
- America's two political tribes have consolidated into 'red' and 'blue' nations, with seemingly irreconcilable differences.
- Perhaps the best way to stop the infighting is to go for a divorce and give the two nations a country each
- Based on the UN's partition plan for Israel/Palestine, this proposal provides territorial contiguity and sea access to both 'red' and 'blue' America
Learn how to enter into the mindset of a successful inventor.
- Inventors come up with brilliant ideas through bucking trends and fostering creative mental spaces.
- Applied observation and deep thought is a necessity if you're going to invent something.
- Having an open mind to many ideas is a key starting point towards coming up with new ideas.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.