Moving Forward - Example blogs to use for presentations?
Many of give presentations or deliver training workshops for K-12 or
postsecondary educators. As part of those professional development efforts, we
have a variety of resources and favorites that we use: background readings for
participants, videos that we show, example blogs or wikis that we highlight,
I'm working on a wiki, Moving
Forward, which I'm hoping can be a good resource for all of
private list of examples and resources that they use when they present. I'd like
to encourage everyone to contribute at least one resource to the Moving Forward wiki.
To start, let's focus on blogging:
- What are some good background readings and other resources on K-12 and/or
staff blogs to show audiences?
Please contribute your resources and URLs to the Moving Forward Blogs page.
This is a great way for everyone to create a resource
that can be used by all of us as we work to facilitate technology-related change
in schools and universities. Just one resource or example blog, that's all I
ask. C'mon, that's nothing! You can do it!
Feel free to add to the other pages as well. I'll issues calls for contributions for other sections of the wiki over the coming weeks. If you make a contribution, please add your name to
the contributor list!
Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
It's up to us humans to re-humanize our world. An economy that prioritizes growth and profits over humanity has led to digital platforms that "strip the topsoil" of human behavior, whole industries, and the planet, giving less and less back. And only we can save us.
- It's an all-hands-on-deck moment in the arc of civilization.
- Everyone has a choice: Do you want to try to earn enough money to insulate yourself from the world you're creating— or do you want to make the world a place you don't have to insulate yourself from?
Eight-dimensional octonions may hold the clues to solve fundamental mysteries.
- Physicists discover complex numbers called octonions that work in 8 dimensions.
- The numbers have been found linked to fundamental forces of reality.
- Understanding octonions can lead to a new model of physics.
Upload your mind? Here's a reality check on the Singularity.
- Though computer engineers claim to know what human consciousness is, many neuroscientists say that we're nowhere close to understanding what it is, or its source.
- Scientists are currently trying to upload human minds to silicon chips, or re-create consciousness with algorithms, but this may be hubristic because we still know so little about what it means to be human.
- Is transhumanism a journey forward or an escape from reality?
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.